Tritone Piano Method : We Are Different
Tritone Music School proudly uses our own unique method book, which has been developed by Tom and Chieko Garling along with other teachers who have been delivering lessons at our school. This method teaches students to make the connection between the pitches (what you hear) and the theory (what you know). As a result, reading and memorizing becomes easier, and music becomes much more personal, joyful and fulfilling. The possibilities become endless.
Our teachers always share their ability at our student recital. From Mozart, Chopin, to jazz band improvisation, they have been wowing the audience what can be done with those skills.
Please contact us for more details. We look forward to meeting you at our school!
Group Piano Lessons at Tritone Music School
We discovered young beginners generally do very well in group settings for the following reasons:
1. Fun environment with classmates
2. A little competitions within classmates in positive way
3. Repertoire practice gives a real meaning by playing for the classmates
4. Fosters independence by having individual practice time. Fosters responsibility to follow instructions and assignments.
5. Fosters a good sense of rhythm by playing together.
6. Boosts confidence by helping newcomers.
7. Affordability/flexibility for parents as long term commitment. ($60 per month receives 4 of 50-min lessons.) Makeups offered unlimited time.
We highly recommend to consider group lessons. All group students receive direct instruction from the method book author, Chieko Garling.
Tritone Music School Student Recital
Studio D with Baldwin Grand Piano
Greetings from Tom and Chieko!
At the Ravenia Frank Sinatra Jr concert
We are professional musicians who live in Arlington Heights. For many years, we have been performing, recording and teaching all over the Chicago area and the world at venues from music clubs, to schools, to large concert halls. Through our experiences, we feel that we have developed a unique approach and philosophy to teaching music, and we enjoy sharing that approach with our students! We hope we will see you at our school!
Read more about our goals Here